Client Confidential Greenfield Coffee Import
Matrix PDM Engineering was chosen as the owner’s engineer for a new facility to import, store and blend green coffee beans for a major US food manufacturer. Matrix PDM Engineering provided complete EPCM services for the design and construction of the $26 million project, including overall facility design, oversight of third-party design, equipment supply, integration of OEM equipment, and construction contracts for the new coffee facility on the 26.8 acre site.
Throughout the project, Matrix PDM Engineering managed project details and relations between the various project stakeholders. These included the facility owner, the owner’s client (a Fortune 500 food manufacturer), an international equipment vendor, and other contractors. Matrix PDM Engineering facilitated communication and interface for complete interaction and successful project coordination between all parties.
The project details included renovation of the existing office/warehouse building, new buildings for a warehouse extension and receiving area, a pile-supported foundation for the 54 silos and equipment tower structures, OEM equipment integration, extensive site work associated with the container storage yard, and a sophisticated business system integration.
Scope of Work
- Renovation and construction on a 26.8 acre site, construction value totaling $26 million
- EPCM services including facility design, engineering and project and construction management
- Full procurement services including creation of technical and contract specifications, vendor qualification, bid solicitation, review, final negotiation, and issuance of 12 contracts
- Managed all RFIs, purchase orders and change order requests including final negotiations and approval
- Complete detailed project schedule and cost accounting was provided along with consolidated monthly reporting for overall project progress