Natural Gas Processing Facility – Major Gas Processing Facility Expansion – 2016
Matrix PDM Engineering partnered with ISTI Plant Services to provide balance of plant, foundation, structural, piping, instrumentation and electrical engineering, and procurement for a major gas processing facility expansion.
The balance of plant engineering and procurement activities included the integration of new inlet filtration with the plant’s existing slug catcher, inlet gas compression, residue gas compression, 200 MMSCFD modular cryogenic plant from UOPR, 500 GPM Exterran modular amine unit, triethylene glycol dehydrator units from Exterran, regenerative thermal oxidizer, flare, new power transmission and complete integrated control system.
The new natural gas processing facility allows the owner to handle an increase in upstream supply, while supplying NGL to its downstream clients.
Scope of Work
- Performed project management and multi-discipline engineering design
- Performed detailed processing and project engineering functions including integration of all process units, facility P&ID development, and procurement of balance of process equipment
- Developed equipment layout drawings showing the new equipment integrating with existing equipment through 3D modeling of entire facility
- Performed detailed piping engineering and design for interconnecting process units (both new and existing)
- Performed calculations and designed foundations for new equipment and structures
- Performed engineering design for the new MCC, new instrument air compressors, and the chromatograph, including associated buildings and facility-wide safety system