Kinder Morgan – Multidiscipline Design Services
Location: Carteret, NJ
Matrix PDM Engineering provided complete multidiscipline design services to support the installation of seven new tanks for 1.2 million barrels of dedicated additional storage. The new tanks are able to accept product from the pipeline as well as distribute to manifolds within the terminal and to the other associated petroleum product storage tanks.
Additional services included coordination of all site geotech and survey needs, equipment and construction bid package preparation and review thru technical evaluation, and hazop review participation and finalization.
Scope of Work
- Civil/site work including all roads, drainage, and containment requirements
- Transfer pump product piping and distribution from all seven new tanks through new pumping and manifold systems
- Piping via new manifolds from the respective tanks
- Electrical including MCC building, transformer, power distribution, and lighting
- All instrumentation and control associated with new tankage and additional automated valves and metering
- Tank design, location, orientation and educator and blending design
- All fire protection services to the tanks, including foam and water
- 50 valves through distribution lines to existing area manifolds with multiple valve and manifold expansions for distribution flexibility
- All new pipe racks, foundations, and platforms within the tank farm and outlying distribution areas