Inclusion and Diversity
Inclusion and diversity are the power we generate when we value each other’s differences and encourage everyone’s voice to be heard. Together, they fuel ideas and innovation, enrich our experiences and drive our success. Inclusion and diversity: we’re better together.
At Matrix Service Company, inclusion and diversity are the foundation to our Core Values, which include Safety, Positive Relationships, Stewardship, Integrity, Community Involvement and Delivering the Best. The Company is actively engaged in embedding inclusion and diversity into its culture, including the formation of an Inclusion and Diversity committee comprised of leaders and employees from across the Company; development of enterprise-wide training focused on inclusive practices and unconscious bias; and evaluation of recruiting and employment practices to ensure the Company attracts and engages an increasingly diverse workforce; and review of operational practices to advance and encourage our suppliers and subcontractors to also advocate for diversity.
Recently, our President and CEO John R. Hewitt, formalized the Company’s commitment to advancing Inclusion & Diversity by signing the CEO Action Diversity & Inclusion pledge.
Read more about the initiative here.
Calendar of events:
- Day of Understanding Part 2: In our last Day of Understanding, Matrix came together for an hour-long session during which time employees watched a short video and participated in a discussion shortly after. The feedback from our first Day of Understanding was overwhelmingly positive. As a continuation of this event, Matrix held a Day of Understanding Part 2 – “Halos” and “Horns“ where employees learned more about unconscious bias and how first impressions can block objectivity, causing missed opportunities for some individuals.
- Return on Inclusion Panel Discussion: In case you missed it, hear what our CEO, John R. Hewitt, had to say during this engaging virtual panel discussion about how inclusive leadership thrives in adversity.
- Race Matters Webinar Series: Matrix employees from across the company were invited to listen in on this five-part KornFerry webinar series that addressed Black voices on their pain and anger, how whites can become authentic allies, addressing systemic racism through structural inclusion, creating a racially equitable future as inclusive leaders, and what board directors can do to eradicate racism in the corporate world.
- Hispanic Heritage Month – Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Nancy Austin kicked the month off with an invitation for employees to share how they celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month.
- CEO John Hewitt – DEI Learning Opportunity – Employees were invited to listen in as Bloomberg convened senior leaders, and by using data-driven insights, discussed shifting the focus from conversation to action.