Red Bluff Natural Gas Processing
The Red Bluff natural gas processing plant is a 200 MMSCFD greenfield project designed to produce purified NGL’s and natural gas for the petrochemical and utility industries. Matrix PDM Engineering partnered with ISTI Plant Services to provide program management, balance of plant (BOP) engineering, process and systems integration, and procurement support for the construction of the facility.
The new facility involves the integration of a Thomas Russell cryogenic module, two 1,050 gpm amine liquid treaters, two 15.5 gpm triethylene glycol dehydrators (TEG units), two 30,000 scfm regenerative thermal oxidizers, and other ancillary equipment.
BOP services encompassed foundation design for all equipment and components, civil site design, design for fabrication of all off-skid piping, pipe rack modules and supports, associated pipe stress analysis, electrical and instrumentation engineering for power distribution, grounding and lighting, instrument data sheets and electrical installation details.
In addition, the project team provided master P&IDs, development of a coordinated project schedule, and assistance to ISTI on commissioning and start-up activities.
Scope of Work
- Detailed processing and project engineering functions, including integration of all process units
- Facility P&ID development
- Procurement of balance of process equipment
- Performed engineering design and structural drawings for pipe racks
- Performed calculations and designed foundations for equipment and structures